Everyone knows that vegetarian chilli is amazing to eat, but sometimes you just don’t have the time or energy to put into making one. Vegetarian chilli is also good for your health so it’s always something worth having in your recipe book even if you are not doing any vegetarian dieting. Vegetarian recipes are not only healthy but they are also easy to make and the ingredients are readily available. Vegetarian chilli is great for kids as it has a lot of hidden vegetables in there and you know that they won’t even notice that they’re eating veggies. If you want delicious, healthy and easy Vegetarian Chilli then all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
Vegetarian Chilli Recipe
HOW TO MAKE A VEGETARIAN CHILLI:
Ingredients: Vegetable oil Vegetarian minced beef Vegetarian mince Vegetables of your choice ( we used carrots and courgettes but feel free to use what you want) Tomato purée Salt and pepper as required. Optional chilli powder Vegetarian chilli powder Vegetable stock Water.
1) Firstly, heat the oil in a big pan and add the minced beef. Cook until browned, then remove from the pan and set aside.
2) Add all of your vegetables to the pan (if you are adding carrots peel them first! Also, if you are adding peeled carrots these will need to be cooked for longer) and cook until they start to soften and then add the tomato purée.
3) Add the vegetarian mince and heat through, stirring well. Then add your salt, pepper and chilli powder if using.
4) Next add the vegetarian beef and stir well again. Vegetarian chilli is ready when the oil starts to separate from the meat. Vegetarian Chilli
5) If you are using Vegetable stock add this in now, plus enough water to make the vegetarian chilli sauce consistency that you like. Please note that Vegetable stock cubes are also vegetarian friendly so these are a great alternative if you do not have Vegetable stock.
6) Bring to the boil and simmer on a low heat for about 10 minutes.
7) Vegetarian chilli is ready when your sauce reaches the right thickness. If you are making Vegetarian Chilli with Vegetables then this shouldn’t take too long but if you are cooking Vegetarian Chilli with Vegetarian Mince this may take a little longer.
8) Serve Vegetarian Chilli with rice or in tacos and enjoy! If you have Vegetarian Chilli left over then it can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
9) I hope you enjoyed Vegetarian Chilli.
There are many vegetarian recipes that you can try out like vegetarian chilli recipe. Vegetarian dishes are becoming more and more popular because vegetarian dishes are healthy vegetarian meals. vegetarian recipes like vegetarian chilli recipe typically use vegetarian ingredients which contributes to vegetarian dishes being a healthier option than non vegetarian foods.
Vegetarian chilli is a perfect vegetarian dish to try out if you’re looking for healthy vegetarian cooking ideas, especially when you consider that spicy food can be a healthy choice as well.